Pierre and the Moon in French / en français HERE/ICI
Little Pierre lives with his Grandmother, who has a very special storybook.
Pierre loves looking at the pictures and listening to the tales. He hears about a world where animals are friends and the moon waves to children. One evening, while Pierre’s grandmother is telling him a story, she falls asleep. Pierre magically ventures into the story - on his very own.
Pierre and the Moon is a poetic puppet and mask theatre piece.
It is suitable for a family audience, and is specifically created for children aged 3 - 7 .
As there is no real speech,
the piece is suitable for speakers of any language.
Playing time approx. 45 minutes.
Original story concept: Freya Stang
Christine Jouneau & Freya Stang
Masks & human puppets : Freya Stang
Animal puppets: Hélene Havard
Sound design & lights: Didier Peigle
Theatrical props: Elisabeth Mazauric,
Christine & Jean Marc Jouneau
Upload the flyer HERE
• Playing space: Indoor
• Room with Black Out
• Maximum audience number 80 with graded seating, if possible.
(We prefer to play for
a smaller audience,
so that everyone can
see well and enjoy
"A beautiful piece of theatrical poetry with puppets today at Meex created and performed
by Freya Stang and
Christine Jouneau. Produced
by Simsalabim productions.
A splendid world premiere. Bravo."
Zaro Weil (childrens author)
"Yeah ! I saw it with my youngest grandaughter,
in afternoon same day.
Very poetic fantasy"
• “It was very poetic.”
• “He really enjoyed the show and singing with the bird.”
• “I really really really liked it”
• “It was easy for him to understand the story, as the artit's gestural is really expressive.”
• “Really good!”
back to top
graphic, web design, gif animations and music: Elisabeth Mazauric liz-graphicdesign.com • photos: © Christine Jouneau
• Dave Pickens • Elisabeth Mazauric • Freya Stang • Jenine Collocott Warren • Joyce Majiski • Lily Fossard • Stefano Borgi
• Thierry Augereau • Hege Høisæter : © photos by Peter Madai, • Sciarrino-photo, Jörg Wiesner, Erik Berg.